My Good, Bad, and Ugly from the the Spring Equinox, 379YE. This was far and away my best Empire event (and my best event as a player of anything, I reckon) and being away from the office for nigh-on a week was something I desperately needed. Having as much fun as I did was just a bonus.
- The Bad
- Selling half of the salted caramel cream liqueur (that stuff was really really nice)
- Aching heels from walking around the entire site several times organising rituals
- Forgetting the names of runes partway through a ritual
- Rituals could use some flash and pomp
- Left my make-up at home
- Blister on my palm from hammering tent pegs – betadine stings!
- Barely being in Wintermark
- Barely seeing friends on the field
- BEST CONCLAVE EVER!
- Fighting Heralds of Arhallogen in the Hall of Worlds
- Pulling both Pavul and Jessica out of the fighting to Gudrun and realising afterwards that I might have just saved Jessica’s life
- Running the timers after the civil servant had to run off because of the Empress election
- Being the lead ritualist in six rituals
- Becoming known by archmages, the warmage, and grandmasters
- Making a name for myself in the Shuttered Lantern
- Making three crowns from my booze
- Organising scrying rituals for the military council
- Finding a rhythm for my rituals that meant I was pretty much perfect on timing
- Lights in the regio stones
- Enjoying every minute of Conclave (I must be getting weird)
- James managed to pick up my make-up
- Arriving on Thursday makes everything else so much more relaxed (being on site 28 hours before time in was weird)
- Feeling so much better after being away for the weekend
- Froth lunch at Buddy’s with the Glasgow lot
- Salted caramel cream liqueur
- First magical traumatic wound
- Holtoberfest sausages
- Team Human Centipede!
- Stab-safe mage staffs are big and clever – I need to make myself one
- Learning how to make Cesare speechless
- Witnessing Astrid’s joining the League ceremony
- Cunts and first kisses in the pub
I have a few IC letters and some reports to write, and I’m resisting the urge to talk in TLAs about everything that happened.
Footnotes [ + ]
|1.||↑||TRV did ESM and EHP on various locations. Fighting HoA in HoW was awesome.|