It’s 2017, I’m still getting used to typing 2017 instead of 2016 by reflex (haven’t even tried writing it down yet), and I have absolutely no resolutions for the year. Not one.
I don’t really believe in the whole resolutions thing. But I do believe in setting some goals for myself, and trying to do better over time. I just find “New Years Resolutions” to be a crap way of doing it.
So this year, I want to achieve some things, and I might take some inspiration from the stand-up meetings we have at work and start keeping a record of how I’m doing on them to keep myself accountable and keep track of what’s getting in my way (besides myself).
With all that in mind, here are my current goals:
- More gym time, get my cardio up, look at freeweights
- Possibly try cardio in chain once I’m back in the swing of it
- Currently blocked by my new gym still not being open but there’s another branch I can use in the meantime.
- More work on Tixty
- I need to get the admin backend sorted, and get a better frontend interface done while I’m at it
- More creative writing
- I want to try and get some regular creative writing done. Might start looking around for sources of inspiration or ask people for prompts
- Write and run Heroes Rush In
- It’s the penultimate event for No Rest for the Wicked, and I’m not alone in writing it but our plans are ambitious and we need to get started on them.
- Make mage armour
- I need new mage armour for Empire
- I need to settle on a design, get someone to help with the bits I need help with, and start working on the rest.
- Get Magento certified
- We’re working on it at work, but I need to put in the effort, and I need to push for it to get sorted.
- Learn Japanese
- I’ve got a number of events coming up where knowing conversational Japanese would be useful – I need to brush up on it again and get used to using it.
I’ve probably missed some off, but one of the joys of life is that if you forget something, you can always it it to the list later.
Featured image from xkcd: Life Goals