Right, so I have one for this, but it’s not a tabletop game.
Empire, 379YE Spring Equinox (2015 E2) was surprising to me on a number of levels. I enjoyed the event massively, making it one of my favourite LARP events of all time. I engaged with the game on different levels than I ever have before, and it was fantastic.
Surprises of the event:
- Conclave: apparently I really like attending Conclave, and what goes on there is actually of massive interest to me. This actually surprised me.
- Getting known: by the end of the event, I had people seeking me out and delegating tasks to me despite only having really known me for a few days in character.
- Scrying: I was leading rituals, and enjoying doing so, with my ritual patter pretty much exactly being two minutes without any scripting.
- Conclave: BEST CONCLAVE EVER proven weight loss supplements. Spider heralds leaping out and attacking people? That was awesome.
- Stab-safe mage staffs: I’d been dubious, but stab-safe mage staffs are awesome.