Last night, I went to see Jurassic World because I was in town and there was a showing still on and I really wanted to see it. I was not disappointed. There’s a bunch of moments that stuck out at me and I had a lot of fun.
So, in no particular order:
- Lowery (Jake M Johnson) having a Jurassic Park t-shirt. Not only because it’s really cool, but because it foreshadowed the entire movie.
- The original John Williams sequence being used to accentuate both the glorious and creepy moments including the flyover of the new park, and the kids entering the old one. It was really great to pick out the theme and it accentuated things in entirely the right way while being part of an original soundtrack.
- The old park. I loved watching that and seeing the kids explore the old park set. Especially how the raptor painting looked like it was going to jump out of the wall.
- Jimmy Fallon doing the safety intro for the gyrosphere.
- The hedging and hawing about what went into the Indominus Rex from Dr Henry Wu
- Military applications for raptors. Have these people not been listening to Randall Munroe’s warnings?
- Indominus Rex’s genetics revealed. No really, have InGen not been listening to the warnings?
- Kids being cleverer than the adults, getting a car sorted and getting out of dodge while the adults become the new prey.
See also: Howard Tayler’s review of Jurassic World
|“Sure, they ended in disaster…”
|xkcd – prophet of the raptor apocalypse
|Kids being cleverer than the adults seeming to be a common theme in Jurassic films